Sunday 11 October 2015

Doing the right thing

Hello everyone! Hope you had a nice break and holidays :)
I'd like to welcome you once again on my blog, if you're new: hi! This year will be (once again) filled with good music, I hope it'll inspire and ignite you to explore more than I'll share with you here :)
So let's start it, shall we?

This time the band is truly exceptional, meet:

Daughter
 (from the left: Remi Aguilella (drums), Elena Tonra (vocalist, guitar), Igor Haefeli (lead guitar)

This amazing trio comes from England. At first Elena was performing on her own, but she felt restricted by her abillities since she is self'-taught. In 2011 she met Igor, and then Remi, and Daughter was born.
Their musical skills beautifully blend together, and that's why they're such a great band imho.
What can I say, I fell in love with them at first sight.

Interesting fact: Elena's parents are Irish-Italian, but she was raised in London. Igor comes from Swiss, and Remi from France. What a perfect mix of nationalities!

It's hard to define their music, they are described as indie folk, though after listening to their songs and getting to know them better, I see that they like to experiment with music and sounds.
It puts you right into this pensive, melancholic mood, which I truly love. And they sound pretty intimate on live, I reckon fans whom had the pleasure to see them in person were totally enchanted by them, I know I would. :)

Can I also start to gush about the lyrics? Gee, they are so on point! And I know I'm not alone with this opinion, many people said they are very relatable and so authentic, without sugar coating anything. Maybe because they come from first-hand experience?
Yes, I'm obsessed. Or possessed. Choose whichever.

To keep it short, I'd just say that they announced new album Not to Dissapear, which will be released in January 2016, and I'm so chuffed about it. We already can have a glimpse of how would it sound like, because they released a single Doing The Right Thing. Here, have at it: 


3 comments:

  1. They do sound fresh and authentic, and I really like the lyrics and the video. Thanks for your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Youth' has been my ringtone for years! I really love Elena, her voice is so smooth and moving. And all their songs speak about things which are close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them <3 and I hope they will come visit Poland so I could be enjoying their music live.. Their music is so different... Weird sound and vocals.
    ps. Have you noticed that the guitarist sometimes uses a bow to play with it on the guitar? amazing.

    ReplyDelete