Wednesday 19 December 2018

Christmas songs


Christmas is just around the corner, if you’re not feeling it yet I hope this post will get you in a more festive mood.

If there is a thing I cannot imagine Christmas without (besides family gathering), that would be Christmas carols. Ever since I remember, we always were singing at my household around this period of time. While cleaning our house, baking and preparing various dishes or putting in and decorating our Christmas tree.
As I grew up I learned to play some songs on my guitar, so that we can all sing after  Christmas Eve dinner (before opening our presents!).
Of course you can say that these songs get monotonous, boring or even irritating after some time (especially if they are played on a never ending loop on the radio or in a shopping centre), but what’s amazing is that you have many songs you can choose from, with different genres, styles, arrangements, various instruments etc.

That’s what I want to share with you today – some of my favourite festive songs, I’ve discovered and enjoy listening to in December.



I’ve already talked about Sleeping at last and how amazed I am of Ryan’s songwriting skills, here’s the proof, an amazing, intimate Christmas song. I absolutely adore his Christmas carol covers too.

This song was used in the third season of a Norwegian show, called SKAM. I fell in love with this arrangement and Nils voice, stunning!


My favourite Christmas song by Super Junior. It’s very cheerful so it always puts me in a good mood.

Sainte Nuit, or Silent Night, a very classical cover, but I love it. Bruno’s voice works magic in Christmas songs.

I only tolerate this song in this particular version, I like Pellek’s energy, he’s genuinely enjoying this song, nice guitar riffs too.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment