Sunday 15 November 2015

Dawid Podsiadło


Taking the advantage of the fact that he released his second solo album just now, I’ll be glad to introduce you to this Polish artist!
Some people may have seen him before, he was one of the participants of the Polish version of the X Factor. He didn’t win the show, but after a few months he recorded his first solo album “Comfort and Happiness”, which won many prestigious awards.
Except his solo career, he also sings actively in a rock band called “Curly Heads”. 

It’s really bizarre, I still remember him singing in the X Factor, he was a scrawny boy and very endearing at that. And he didn’t change. I mean, he still has this unbelievable magnetism, and he’s so down to earth and honest, it really makes me impressed, considering his young age and the great success that he achieved so far. Everyone knows how media works and how fame change people, but he stayed as he were. He matured of course, and I think he’s more confident, especially on stage. He also improved his singing technique, and developed his talent in writing lyrics. We can all hear that on his second album “Annoyance and Disappointment”.

Interesting fact: The titles for his albums are both actually a quote from a japanese role-playing video game – Final Fantasy VIII. The whole sentence goes: “But now... Squall, you're the one who gives me the most comfort. Comfort and happiness... And annoyance and disappointment, too!”I had played this game long before he recorded the album, and I was a bit surprised when I heard about it. I just think it was a really cool idea to use this in such a way. Good choice (and taste)!

I absolutely love the fact that he sings in both Polish and English. More people can appreciate his music thanks to that.
I’m very happy to see him growing as an artist and observe his progress. I’m sure he has lots of surprises prepared for us in the future. So let’s just wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment