Saturday 2 April 2016

Damien Sargue

He has an amazing voice, objectively speaking. Subjectively, I must add that he was one of the reasons why I fell in love with French. He was also my musical crush when I was in high school.
He’s mostly known as a Romeo from French musical: “Romeo et Juliette” which has 2 versions – from 2001 and 2010. Though myself, I prefer the old one.

Interesting Fact: In the version of Romeo and Juliette from 2010, he played with his wife, Joy Esther. It’s quite romantic to think, that they could play a couple (leaving aside the tragic ending...). Although the idyllic bubble burst in 2011, when they had divorced.

Despite his efforts to release a solo album in France, the songs didn’t meet with people’s appreciation, and that’s why he could only promote his album abroad, in Taiwan. Such a pity.
When I become his fan I was a little upset, because there was literally a few information about him on the Internet. He kind of disappeared for a few years from public eyes. Though it changed starting from 2013, when he participated in a musical project – Forever Gentleman, then in 2014 he featured a couple of songs in the album Latin Lovers.

At present, he’s preparing to play Aramis in a new musical, an adaptation of Alexander Dumas novel - “The Three Musketeers”. The anticipated premiere of the spectacle will take place in autumn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment