Sunday 14 April 2019

Reaction to music videos and performances


Hello everyone!

Today I’d like to talk to you about something I’ve been doing for a while here and there on my spare time on youtube, which is : watching reaction videos to music videos and performances.

Should you ever feel lonely with your passion about something – that’s a great way of feeling included and reassured. The feeling of connection is indescribable sometimes. Although it’s not a fairly new idea, because we’ve been sharing our opinions on the Internet since the very beginning of its existence. I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly these type of videos were not as popular, let’s say a one year ago, as they are these days. It’s interesting to see how the trends change on youtube – which is truly a great platform driven by various communities. The psychological aspect of it is also worth mentioning and thinking about. Don't you feel like we're investing more and more of our lives on the Internet? I mean, not only we're sharing our private lives and opinions online, we're putting ourselves out there, we're "selling" our knowledge for everyone to see (and maybe learn from), we enjoy the connection, the feedback and most of all recognition.

But I find it really enjoyable nonetheless, there’s just something amazing about watching people’s reactions, be it live or online. You can compare it to yours, you can start a conversation with a said person and become friends, you can learn something new as well – most of the videos I watch (related to music) are made by professional vocal teachers or singers, so I do feel like I learned quite a lot by hearing them explaining technical aspects of the voice and analysing the vocal technique of a given artist. That’s how I learned to truly appreciate Dimash for example! (And I must say I really enjoy watching people’s reaction to his voice, the utmost shock on their faces is priceless and make my day).

Of course there are many videos made by amateurs, fans or even ordinary people whose reactions are particularly enjoyable thanks to their sense of humour, witty remarks or charismatic personality. And I really love the variety of it. Music, games, tv shows, even reaction videos to vlogs or videos destined for youtube. The youtube inception is insane.

I’m curious if you’re also watching these types of videos, where you watch someone react to something you like, please share it with me if you do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment