Saturday 6 June 2015

Wasting my young years

Hey now, you are going to be entranced in 1…2…3.



From the left: Dan Rothman (guitar), Hannah Reid (vocal), Dominic “Dot” Major (keyboard, djembe, drums)
 
A very powerful trio. And very young too. They play together since 2009, though they seriously dived into it in 2011, when they moved out to London to pursue their music career.
In 2013 they released their first album If you wait which has been certified as platinum in Australia and the UK.

That’s quite impressive, isn’t? They don’t have many albums on their account, but that’s not what counts, right? They may not be as experienced as other bands out there, but I see a huge potential in them, a spark that could transform into a huge fire in the future. They’re so amazing, I’m glad I got to know them. Sometimes I wonder if they’re for real.
I’m pretty sure they will be making our days!

I feel really relaxed when I’m listening to their songs. Especially, when I’m laying down in my bed, with my eyes closed, wanting to rest peacefully for a while. So silent, so nice… and then Hannah’s voice flowing out of my earphones with ethereal melody that punctuates her strong vocal. It’s also ideal for yoga practice. I’ve tried it a few times and it worked just fine.

Sometimes we just need to slow down for a bit. We’re hurrying to work, uni or school day after day, and don’t find time for ourselves. To empty our troubled minds, relax, rest… too bad, I think it’s really important.
Music can help you do that, you know?

Relax yourself. Flow with their music. Stop thinking and hurrying for once.


1 comment:

  1. London Grammar... Dear God! I love them! I am still waiting for their gig in Poland. I have their original album. It is totally flawless! Our tastes come across in such a big number of places!

    ReplyDelete