Monday 15 October 2018

Bruno Pelletier


Do you remember my post about Damien Sargue? Well, I discovered Bruno Pelletier practically at the same time in high school, through a musical I think everyone at least heard about : Notre Dame de Paris. Bruno plays there as Gringoire, a poet, who falls under Esmeralda’s spell. I think one of the reasons I love musicals so much is that it is made and performed by actors, who make it believable, magical, emotional, who are truly passionate about what they do no matter how many times they have sung the same song already. And I believe Bruno depicts that perfectly. His vocal skills are truly exquisite, he shines in this musical with his rich and powerful voice, maybe that’s why he’s mostly linked to it, but I mean, there’s so much more to him, to his incredible talent, also in composing. I don’t think he’s getting enough credit for that, and that’s a shame.


He’s an experienced musical theatre artist and singer and a wonderful interpreter with a considerably huge discography (13 full albums!). The last of which ‘Soirée Intime au Théâtre Petit Champlain’ was released in 2018, and it’s a live album, from a concert where he sung a wide repertoire of songs from all his musical career, like « Le temps des Cathédrales », « Berce-moi » or « Règne ». It’s really amazing and I like the idea of an intimate concert, it’s cozy and warm like a blanket, but so so emotional nonetheless. It leaves you space to really appreciate the music.


Interesting fact : Before Bruno Pelletier played in Notre Dame de Paris, he became popular thanks to Starmania, a cyberpunk rock opera, which btw is one of the most famous operas in French history! (I might make a post about this opera in the future, just a small announcement :) One of the songs that’s been executed in there is S.O.S. d'un terrien en détresse. Sounds familiar? That’s the exact song, which Dimash interpreted in I am a Singer 2017 in China. You can compare it to Pelletier’s version if you want :

No comments:

Post a Comment