Sunday 7 October 2018

Dimash Kudaibergen



Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! It’s been a while since I have written something in here, but I’m planning to change that and (hopefully) encourage you to listen to some amazing artists you may not have heard about before.

Without further ado, let me introduce you to Dinmukhamed Kanatuly Kudaibergen, also known as Dimash.
I found him by chance on youtube (serendipity, y’all). There was this video : „The best voice in the world” or something like that, and I thought it’s just  a clickbait, because how many times have you seen a title like that? A lot, right? So I just smiled to myself thinking that someone is being uncreative but decided to watch it anyway, since I like listening to new stuff. But then I listened and the more I listened the more shocked I was. No, it was more than that, I was speechless, completely and utterly flabbergasted. Just listen :


So to give you a context : it’s a prestigious Chinese music show for professional singers from all over the world. It’s called I am a Singer, and Dimash was invited to participate in the fifth season in 2017. He has never been to China before, he doesn’t speak Chinese, but it was a huge opportunity to him, so he decided to fly over there from Kazakhstan (that’s where he comes from). He stole the hearts of everyone (including mine) with his very first performance, when he sang a French song called « SOS, d’un terrien en détresse »:

Interesting fact: Dimash is known for singing in different languages. In one of the episodes of I am a Singer he performed a Chinese version of Autumn Song. It was his first time singing in Chinese, but according to Chinese audience his prononciation was nearly perfect. This song later on also earned him a 'Favorite male singer' award (an award that could be compared to the Grammy Award) at the Chinese Golden Melody Festival!

It’s almost ridiculous how wondrous his voice is. Apparently he has 6 octaves (though he doesn’t care about this aspect himself), but what makes his voice truly distinguable is his timbre, he can easily switch between registers and notes, it’s like there’s a few people singing with one voice only. Although opera singing is not a hardship for him, because he’s been trained classically since he was 5 years old, he doesn’t want to sing in one particular style, but incorporate different sounds to contemporary music  as well as various instruments. As far as I know Dimash can play the dombra (a traditional Kazakh instrument), the piano, the guitar and the drums and he’s only 24 years old!


In my books, that makes him a prodigy. But you know what I admire about him the most? The fact that he’s very down to earth, very thankful, humble and hardworking. He’s not singing for fame, money or narcisstic reasons. He’s singing because he loves music, he was born to sing, he’s THE VOICE. And he’s not taking it for granted, he works on it, always improving and searching ways to make his performances more enjoyable. But I mean, I like him as he is. He’s an emotional artist and that’s that. He has a huge worldwide fanbase already (Official Polish Fanclub included!)who supports him and loves him any way possible. I think I’ve never been more proud to be a fan of someone and I hope his talent will get more recognised in the future. 

Here you have his official channel on youtube.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on him, are you also Dimashified? J


No comments:

Post a Comment