Monday 26 November 2018

LP


Hello guys!
LP performed yesterday in Polish morning show on TVN (DD TVN – Good Morning TVN) with her new song. I’ve also heard today Girls Go Wild on the radio, so I call it a sign to write about LP, since I wanted to write about her at some point anyway.
I think she gained so much popularity these last few years that she doesn’t need much introduction, does she?

Maybe some of you already know that but LP is an acronym derived from her name and surname : Laura Pergolizzi. She has Italian roots, her grandparents come from Naples and Palermo. Since she turned 15 years old, and after her mother’s death she decided to immerse herself completely in music and later on try her luck in the musical industry.
Unfortunetely her first three albums, although critically acclaimed, didn’t bring her much recognition and success. Personally, I think it’s due to bad marketing, because they are quite good! That and maybe the fact they don’t really fall into mainstream music, not the way her new songs seem to. It’s been 17 years since the release of her debut album, her music style changed a lot, it’s true. She started out as a wild, bad-ass rockstar, then sort of slowly transitioned into pop and indie music. In the meantime she co-wrote many songs for such artists as Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Rita Ora, Cher and many others.



Interesting fact :
She can play the harmonica, the guitar and the ukulele – the last of which kind of became her signature instrument. Most of her new songs has ukulele sound embedded into it as well as her whistles!

The breaking point for LP was when she released Lost on you in 2016. Still to this day, it’s her most watched video on youtube with 172 millions of views. And I mean, no wonder, it’s such a great song, it made me a fan of hers in an instant. LP is to put is simply musically gifted, she has not only a very powerful voice (her operatic vibrato gives me goosebumps!), but her writing and composing skills are excellent too. I think these years are her BEST yet, all her new stuff is incredibly catchy, she’s a mood and trend setter! Also don’t get me started on her stage presence, I mean, her stance is so cool, she’s basically oozing with self confidence and I think that’s what really attracts people to her and her music in general, me included.
Last but not least, small announcement guys! LP is about to release a new album called Heart to Mouth on December 7, 2018. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to hear it! Any LP fans in here? 


2 comments:

  1. Shame on me, I've never even heard of this singer. But she's really, good. A really strong voice, and presence. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it, she is amazning! It's a pity that she is famous in Poland only by few songs.

    ReplyDelete