Sunday 22 March 2015

Study time

Some people can't stand listening to music whilst studying. They need to have absolute silence, without anybody to disturb them.
I'm quite the opposite.
Of course, if there's too much noise, even the most focused person will fail at studying.
But, how about music?
Do you like to put something in the background? I know, I do. Music follows me everywhere, it accomapanies me when I clean up my room, cook some meal or while I'm travelling.

I've discovered in junior high school, that music actually helps me in studying and doing homework.
I used to dislike sitting for a few hours in total silence, it was driving me crazy.
But the solution was just at my fingertips. Music.

I particularly like to listen to soundtracks from movies, tv series, musicals etc
It's soothing, not too much.

Do you know Amélie? It's a brilliant french movie, with a specific kind of humor - just my cup of tea.
It's kind of old, it had its' premiere in 2001, but it's totally worth to watch and recommend.

However, what I like about this movie the most - is its' soundtrack. It's arranged by Yann Tiersen. He has a very characteristic style (piano, accordion and violin compositions). Music from Amélie brought him international fame and fanbase all around the world.
I personally think his music is very French-like. 
It puts you right into the mood of France. It may sound cliche, but it makes you feel as if you were there, strolling through the streets of Paris, like Montmartre.

                                             (cr: davidgiralphotography)
It has a charm, hasn' it?
Have a stroll yourself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment