Sunday 29 March 2015

Ice skating music

I don't know about you guys, but I had a pretty crazy week. In the midst of studying, reading stuff and socializing, I've been totally devoted to World Figure Skating Championships, that were held 23-29 March in Shanghai.
Ever since I was little, I've been a huge fan of ice skating. I remember my first time watching it. Me, sitting on the sofa with an amazement plastered on my face, and silently thinking that those people are the coolest I've seen. At that time. And after so many years - here I'm am, cheering up for new skaters and loving it as I did in the past.
It's a bit upsetting that I gave up on becoming an ice skater myself...

It's a truly magnificent sport discipline, but also - I'd say - the utmost artistry of dance. It's like a ballet, but on the ice. So in my eyes it's much more difficult, but at the same time as beautiful - if not better!

Anyway, this year the championships were pretty amazing. There were many, who did briliantly - even if it was their first time. Of course we can say that those championships are for professionals, so it shouldn't be as astonishing, but... it is. And I find it so beautiful, that there are still many people, who are deeply passionate about ice skating. Even if nowadays, money is one of the biggest values that some are chasing for.
Being passionate about something, and being able to do it for living - isn't like dream come true?
Exactly like once Thomas Edison said: "I never did a day's work in my life, it was all fun." Wouldn't it be nice to say?

In my opinion, it's quite important, as mushy as it sounds. Finding we like, what we're good at, what we'd like to do, what makes us happy. Appreciating little things, people that surround us, and everything nice that day brings. It's hard, but not impossible. :)

Today, classically - Mozart! I'm dropping my favourite ice dance performance of this year's championships. It's a French couple: Gabriella Papadakis&Guillaume Cizeron. They placed 1'st in ice dance category and they absolutely deserved it! Exquisite performance, it gave me goosebumps.

Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment