Friday 15 January 2016

One Direction


For those who don’t recognize them, let me introduce you to them shortly: five lads from Great Britain, who were put into a band in 2010 in X Factor by Simon Cowell, one of the judges.
Although they didn’t win the show, their popularity was so hardcore that they’ve achieved an enormous global-wide success after signing up to their agency, Syco. Basically, they are one of the biggest, in terms of selling records, boybands in the world.

 From the left: Zayn Malik (former member), Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne

1D is a band, which I’ve never thought I’d listen to. That’s not because I had anything against them, but I didn’t really like their music and the fandom.
About year ago or so, I’ve started watching their interviews (yes, interviews) because some of my friends got hooked up with them, and I thought “why not?”. The thing is that I’ve never imagined I’d follow their steps, just like that.
Needless to say, I’m a fan now, and I’m proud to say it, because these boys are absolutely amazing people inside and out. Thanks to many interviews I could get to know them a bit better, and I must say they seem like just any regular lads, no spoiled-rotten brats, like some (trash) media want us to think. I’m quite good at reading out people and they’ve got good vibes, maybe that’s because I’ve grown so fond of them in such a short span of time. All I know is that media tend to exaggerate some facts about their private lives. Awfully often.

Interesting facts: All of them have got tattoos except Niall . Harry has the most tattoos: over 60(!) and still counting (or inking…).Lately he got the “Late Late Show” tattooed on his arm, because he lost a game on said show. It is hosted by James Corden with whom all of them they’re close friends with.  

Although there’re just 4 of them now (Zayn left the group in 2015), I’m positive that they’ll be just fine. After listening to their latest album Made In the AM, I got rid of all of my worries concerning their future. They are standing strong, albeit Zayn will be missed, that’s for sure.

Starting from this year, they’re taking a break for about 2 years. They definitely deserve it, they’ve been working non-stop for five years, it was too much, too fast and too many things going on for them to stay sane. Although they’re shrugging it off, I imagine it was hard especially in the beginning, so I’m glad they’ll finally get their well-deserved rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment